February 2, 2019
How We Met: Nicholas and I (Helen) met in preschool at Independent Presbyterian Church Day School, which made it extra special to be married at IPC. We really became close friends during our sophomore year at Mountain Brook High School, and we officially became an “item” the summer going into our junior year in high school. And we have been together ever since!
The Proposal: Nicholas told me a couple weeks in advanced about a fundraiser dinner, and we went to my favorite spot in Birmingham, Bottega Cafe, beforehand. At dinner Nicholas started to say a lot of sweet things and slowly pulled out a ring box from Bromberg’s! I panicked about how I would react to a proposal in such a public place. He opened the box, and it was a necklace! We headed back to my house, and as we were walking toward the back door, Nicholas got on one knee and proposed.
Favorite Moments: We had our first look in the backyard at my parents’ house. The moment I saw Nicholas I was overwhelmed with such a sense of peace and joy. A close second best moment was my dad surprising me by playing guitar and singing a song at our reception cocktail hour! I have grown up singing and playing guitar with my dad for as long as I can remember. He is normally pretty shy about his musical gifts, so it meant a lot for him to play at our reception.
Favorite Details: I loved our design plan with a mix of floral details by the amazingly talented team at Mariee Ami. Our reception venue is beautiful as is, so I knew I wanted a simple design yet still able to “wow” my guests. The drapery with the climbing greenery and florals as guests entered the room was by far my favorite!
- Ceremony Venue: Independent Presbyterian Church
- Reception Venue: Country Club of Birmingham
- Wedding Planner: Mariee Ami
- Florist: Marigold Designs
- Caterer: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: By Chance Productions
- Invitations Calligraphy: Tumpy Bethae
- Invitation Design/Paper: Mariee Ami
- Wedding Dress: Bustle
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Celine Russel
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: The Main Attraction Band
- Transportation: Rare Transportation