June 23, 2018
The Proposal: As Ralfe and I (Katherine) were walking along the Seine side of the Jardin des Tuileries on a trip to Paris, I was noticing how private it felt when Ralfe grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. There, just us in the stillness between the trees with the Louvre behind us, my best friend asked me to marry him.
The Dress: The skirt of my Rita Vinieris dress was so light and airy I couldn’t help but spin around in it. Then, my family traveled to Italy for a trip shortly after our engagement, and I woke up to a phone call in the middle of the night our time to my sister screaming, “We found your veil!” They had come across a hand-crafted lace veil by Emilia Burano in Venice. It means even more that it’s now part of our family and could be worn by my sisters on their wedding days.
Favorite Details: The invitations set the tone unfolding the rest of the details that fell in line with the organic, relaxed feel of our wedding. Our wedding crest was consistent throughout the rest of the paper suite and envelope seal as well as other details. Copper was used as an accent color from the seal on our invitations to the candles lighting the reception. The drapery, furnishings and floral design all came together to create a feeling that the outdoors had been brought inside. We had the feeling like we were in the middle of a garden saying our vows and dancing the night away.
- Venue: Mountain Brook Club
- Wedding Planner: Marieé Ami
- Florist: Leah Hazard, Three Graces Designs
- Bride’s Cake: Magic Muffins
- Groom’s Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: The Brothers Martens
- Invitations: Caroline Borders, Marieé Ami
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Kerri Bunn
- Groom’s Attire: Ralph Lauren
- Groomsmen’s Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Musical Fantasy, Music Garden
- Jewelry: John William Jeweler
- Hotel Boxes: Caroline Borders at Marie Aimee, featuring Chocolatá, Piper & Leaf and Continental Bakery