Photos by Meghan Gray Photography
February 1, 2020
How We Met: I (Landon) was living in Rosemary Beach and working for a local residential architecture firm while also teaching yoga in my free time. Thomas was in town for the Seaside Half Marathon. He had always wanted to try a yoga class, and what better time than the day before a half marathon? After a few recommendations and phone calls, he had booked a private lesson with me and the rest is history.
The Proposal: I had always wanted to go skydiving but had yet to make it happen. One Saturday, Thomas surprised me with plans to go skydiving the very next day. Less than 24 hours later, we found ourselves 14,000 feet in the air and about to jump out of an airplane. Little did I know, there was a 25-foot banner waiting for me at the landing zone that read, “WILL YOU MARRY ME?”
Favorite Details: Thomas and I definitely did not have a traditional wedding. We chose an intimate Jewish ceremony (and wrote our own vows) with our closest family and a few friends with a private dinner afterwards. Later in the night, we were greeted by the rest of our family and friends for the reception. Almost a year after Thomas and I started dating, my sister Erin, who had Down Syndrome, passed away unexpectedly. She loved all things bridal and Michael Jackson. She had her very own wedding dress that she would casually parade around the house. I made sure to honor her with a piece of her wedding dress wrapped around my bouquet and sequin gloves for our guests to wear while the band played her favorite song “Billie Jean.”
Favorite Moment: Just one week before the wedding, we decided to change our first dance song and perform the infamous “lift” from Dirty Dancing.
- Wedding Venue: Pine Tree Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Barbara Kenyon, Happy Event Co.
- Florist: LSL Event Design
- Caterer: Pine Tree Country Club
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Groom’s Custom Cookies: Cookies by Melissa Espinoza
- Invitation Calligraphy: Jan Denaburg
- Wedding Dress: Sarah Seven, Kelly’s Closet
- Bridal Hair: Karen Free
- Hair & Makeup: Abby Moorer
- Groom’s Attire: Custom Trussini Tux from Shaia’s
- Music: Memphis Soul Revue
- Transportation: Coats Classic Cars
- Bar: Prophouse
- Chairs: HotHouse Design Studio
- Jewelry: Levy’s Fine Jewelry