August 5, 2017
How You Met: JD and I (Keaton) had mutual friends within the same friend group at Redeemer Community Church. One Sunday after church, we all went to El Cazador Mexican restaurant, where we ended up meeting. But our first date happened more than two years later.
The Proposal: JD proposed on the one-year anniversary of our first date. I wasn’t expecting it because my best friend got engaged the very night before. We spent the day doing all sorts of fun stuff from our first year of dating. He proposed at my house while we were dancing to “our” song that would later be our first dance. I love to be twirled, so he spun me around a couple of times. When I came around the last time, he was down on one knee! We headed to dinner at GianMarco’s, and when we arrived, all our family was there.
Favorite Moment: The best was when I pied JD in the face with a mini-pie at the urging of one of his groomsmen. Getting pied is an inside joke with JD and his friends, and they went wild when I did it during the cake cutting. It caught him totally off guard, but he couldn’t help but laugh.
Favorite Details: My sweet sister designed the invitations and addressed all the envelopes in her amazing calligraphy. Her elegant work and selfless effort perfectly encapsulate how beautiful everything was and how loved we felt during this amazing season. And we thought we had a cute hashtag, #OhLloydGettinMarried.
- Venues: Forest Hills Baptist Church, Hillwood Country Club, Nashville
- Wedding Planner: Marsha Husband
- Florist: Jennifer Solesby
- Caterer: Hillwood Country Club
- Cake: Dessert Designs by Leland of Nashville
- Invitation Design & Calligraphy: Lauren Rives (bride’s sister)
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair and Makeup: Cindy Wood
- Music: Eric Blue Band
- Transportation: Matchless Transportation