May 12, 2018
How We Met: We met through mutual friends at the jamboree my first week of tenth grade, his senior year. We didn’t start actually dating for a year or so, but have been together since.
The Dress: Having been a wedding planner at Mariee Ami for so long, I (Emma) had seen so many dresses and nothing seemed to stand out. After trying on many and going back, Ivory and White worked with me to create a custom dress with a top by Lela Rose and skirt by Monique Lhuillier. It was the perfect combination and I loved that I could wear my mom’s veil with it!
Favorite Details: My mom, my sisters and I snuck up to the sacristy and cracked the door during the prelude so we could listen to the Birmingham Boys Choir. I also found a fabulous Schumacher fabric that was used for the custom cake table linen, and carried it through with the pillows on the banquettes and the tiebacks on the drapery. Mary at Mariee Ami took the save the date design and used it for the custom dance floor and the tray liners, and she pulled a lily of the valley from that design that was used on koozies, matches, wax seals and more as an ode to my lily of the valley bouquet. For late night, we had to have Pritchard’s favorite: Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits with stickers that said “Les Reich Mor Allen” in their iconic font.
- Venues: St. Paul’s Cathedral, Birmingham Museum of Art
- Wedding Planner: Neillie Butler and Louise Pritchard, Mariee Ami Wedding Planning Studio
- Florist: Buffy Hargett Flowers
- Caterer: A Social Affair
- Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Invitations: Mary Baugh and Caroline Borders, Mariee Ami Wedding Planning Studio
- Wedding Dress: Ivory and White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Celine Russell
- Ceremony Music: Birmingham Boys Choir
- Reception Music: Pure Party Band
- Transportation: Coats Classic Cars, Rare Transportation
- Linens: LaTavola, BBJ, and Party Tables
- Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited, PropHouse
- Lighting and Drapery: Mariee Ami