November 2, 2019
How We Met: On March 2, 2016, I (Abigail) had a sorority “Draft A Date” date party. My friends Matt and Madie knew Christian very well since he was Matt’s college roommate at the time. The couple had tried to set me up with Christian another time ,and both of us did not want the distraction from school. The timing was perfect this time though, and even though I had attempted to un-invite Christian to the date party so that I could go without the stress of a date, I decided to take him as her date at the last minute.
The Proposal: I tagged along of Christian’s family trip to Vail, Colorado, and I was all in and clueless as to what an amazing trip it would be. We got off the lift and walked over to our ski instructor who was waiting for us at the top. Christian said he wanted to take a picture since were at the top of the Wildwood Express Lift, which has the BEST view. I was cold and did not want to stop moving to take a picture. He insisted and so did his two brothers Emery and Clarke.. I thought he was really pushing it when he asked me to take my gloves off. There was a frostbite warning and it was 3 degrees up there! After the banter I started to take my gloves off and he was on his knee. I immediately started to ugly cry as he said, “You know how you’ve been bugging me lately…” Yep, those were his exact words.
Favorite Moment: The band was amazing, and we were thrilled that everyone stayed on the dance floor the entire time. Even my grandparents were dancing!
Favorite Details: The flowers were impeccable, the cake was extraordinary, and I surprised Christian with a pair of gold horse cuff links that were stunning.
- Ceremony Venue: Mountain Brook Baptist Church
- Reception Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Florist: Hannah Evans, Sweet Peas Wedding & Event Florist
- Caterer: Vestavia Country Club
- Cake: Makenzie Holley, Dixie Delights
- Wedding Dress: Brides by Glitz, Nashville
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Brideside.com
- Hair & Makeup: Megan Smith, Giovanna Greguol
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Music: Nate Jackson and the 24/7 Band