June 9, 2018
How We Met: We actually met through mutual friends on a summer weekend at Lake Martin back in 2012. However, we did not talk again until one of his friends set us up on my college formal. We had a blast together, so we started to get to know each other, dated a year after and then got engaged four years later. This gave Lake Martin even more meaning when we decided to get married there.
The Proposal: We were early for what I thought was a dinner reservation. On the way to the restaurant, Matthew casually drove up to our favorite lookout spot on a mountain. Before I knew it, we were engaged and there was actually no dinner reservation!
Favorite Moment: My favorite moment of the wedding day is walking down the aisle and seeing Matthew for the first time. I was honored to have my dad give me away to a man who I know would lead me well for the rest of my life. It was an emotional moment that I will never forget!
Favorite Details: My favorite wedding detail was the three floral hoops that hung from the ceiling of the white tent. My wedding planner had a vision, my florist executed, and it was perfect. They added an elegance to the tent that caught the attention of everyone who walked into our reception.
What We Are Doing Now: I have a mathematics tutoring business, work at MPower Pilates studio, and manage a health and wellness business through Arbonne.
- Venue: Willow Point Golf and Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Mariee Ami
- Florist: Melanie Hughes
- Caterer: Willow Point Country Club
- Cake: Barb’s Cakes
- Videographer: Matthew Baxter
- Invitations: Mariee Ami
- Wedding Dress: The White Room
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Celine Russell
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Tuxes from Birks
- Ceremony Music: John Canada, David Mandt and Kelsie Baer
- Reception Music: Jesse’s Girls