September 8, 2018
How We Met: We grew up together but were barely friends until high school. We went to separate colleges and didn’t think much about each other until we ran into each other over Christmas break. A few months later we were officially dating long distance while I (Ginny) worked in Nashville and he stayed in Birmingham.
The Proposal: It was the day after Thanksgiving, and I thought we were going to get a drink at The Club before we ate dinner with my family. He proposed at sunset, and afterward our families came running out. A few minutes later a bunch of my friends from out of town surprised me, and we celebrated all night overlooking downtown.
Favorite Moments: Turning around in the church and seeing everyone we loved staring back at us, and getting on stage with the band at the reception and my siblings and I singing “Dancing Queen.” Also, my parents were married in the same church almost 30 years before, and I had the privilege of wearing my mom’s veil.
Favorite Details: “In Christ Alone” is my favorite hymn, and everyone at the church stood up and worshiped together, which I thought was very special. Since none of my grandparents are living, we used my grandmother’s wedding dress and handkerchief around my bouquet. We also used their silver to cut and eat our cake, and we drank out of her silver goblets at the reception. I also loved the light-up dance floor and the flower walls at the reception.
- Venues: Canterbury United Methodist Church, The Country Club of Birmingham
- Wedding Planner: Handley Breaux Designs
- Florist: Buffy Hargett Flowers
- Caterer: CCB
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: Matthew Baxter
- Invitations: Southern Engraving
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora Atelier
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: The Hair and Makeup Collective
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mobley and Sons of Tuscaloosa
- Music: Big Bling and the Funk Machine
- Other: Gracefully Made Art, The Scribbler, Bushel and a Peck Designs, Pursuit Gifts, Prophouse, Design Productions