June 23, 2018
How We Met: We were in computer science class together at University of Alabama, learning how to code computers (neither of our strong suits). Hayden will always say I (Douglas) am smarter because I helped him pass the class.
The Proposal: On the first day I arrived at the beach we had plans with his family to go out to eat to celebrate his sister’s graduation. Before dinner we decided to have a glass of wine on their pier. The next thing I knew he was on one knee proposing!
The Dress: I fell in love with two dresses and loved different things about each one. Kelly Michelle at Carriage House saw my vision and worked with the two designers to combine the bow I was dying for with the dress I was in love with.
Favorite Moments: I am a second-grade teacher at a Birmingham City School, and several of my students were program attendants in our wedding. Also, my grandfather suffers from dementia and it was very touch and go if he would be able to be at the ceremony or the reception. During the reception, I looked over and saw him dancing with a tambourine in hand. Lastly, I think my favorite moment from our wedding was just being able to dance the night away with my husband and all of our loved ones. We did not want the night to end!
Favorite Detail: Our first dance song was “Have a Little Faith in Me,” which was the song on the radio before Hayden proposed.
- Venues: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, The Club
- Wedding Planner: Handley Breaux Design
- Florist: Mary Cox Brown, Marigolds
- Caterer: The Club
- Cake: Magic Muffins
- Invitations: Please Reply
- Calligrapher: Anne Liles
- Wedding Dress: Carriage House
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Makeup: Jacob Callahan
- Hair: Laura Roberts
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Fountain City Players
- Transportation: Rare Transportation and Coats Classic Cars
- Lighting and Draping: Design Productions