June 8, 2019
How We Met: Kendrick and I (Liza) went to different elementary schools, but officially met in junior high. We “dated” briefly in eighth grade but didn’t start “for real dating” until 11th grade, and we have been together ever since. We both went to college at Alabama and then moved to Birmingham after college. Most people think it’s crazy/amazing how long we have been together, but we truly cannot imagine life without each other.
The Proposal: It was my birthday weekend. He took the day off Friday and spent the entire day cleaning our house. I got home, and there were flowers on the table and the house was spotless. We made some drinks and then went out to our backyard like any other typical Friday. He popped the question, and then all of our family and friends came over afterwards. It was very simple yet well thought-out.
Favorite Moments: A rainbow showed up to greet everyone at our reception. (Every day I watched the weather, and the forecast got worse with tropical storms. On the wedding day there was a little rain but not much at all.) Also, my mom dressed up as Tina Turner and sang a solo with the band, and we loved taking pictures with our dog Wally.
What We Are Doing Now: I’m a registered dietitian with my master’s in public health, and I work at the Health Department. I’m also in the process of becoming a lactation consultant. Kendrick is the senior accountant at Avanti Polar Lipids in Alabaster.
- Ceremony Venue: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
- Reception Venue: Thomas Jefferson Tower
- Day of Coordinator: Abby Braswell
- Florist: Linda Strickland
- Caterer: Roots and Revelry
- Cakes: Cakes by Danielle Whitlock
- Invitations: Southern Engravings
- Wedding Dress: Village Bridal
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid
- Hair & Makeup: Salon 714
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr. Burch Formalwear
- Music: Accent – Music Garden