May 3, 2019
The Proposal: A long scavenger hunt with bouquets along the way led Lillian to her final destination: her family farm by Petrey, Alabama. Each flower of every bouquet represented a letter, spelling out “WILL YOU MARRY ME?”
The Dress: Catherine Vier of Birmingham transformed Lillian’s mother’s ’80s-style dress. Lace was tediously removed and carefully replaced on to the bodice of her new creation and around the simple veil.
Favorite Moments: For Peyton, it was making it up the 99 stairs of the island on Lake Bled, Lillian in tow, for post-wedding Slovenian good luck. For Lillian, it was the vow exchange in the gorgeous 15th-century chapel and ringing of the wishing bell after the ceremony, adhering to the traditions of the island, layered in a deep history of love. For the both, it was having best friends and family travel such far distances to explore new places and celebrate their love and happiness.
Favorite Details: The people of Slovenia, their warmth, professionalism and attention to detail exceeded all expectations. Nestled at the base of the Julian Alps, the setting lent itself to a memorable wedding day, as did the music and their local musicians. Music in the ceremony included “Trumpet Tune in D Major” by D. Johnson and a recessional to “Arrival of the Queen of Sheba” by G. F. Handel. A string trio entertained the guests at a small reception before leaving the island by gondola. Dinner, dancing and traditional wedding games continued at the Grand Toplice until 3 a.m.
- Ceremony Venue: Church of the Mother of God on the Lake, Lake Bled, Slovenia
- Reception Venue: Grand Hotel Toplice
- Wedding Planner: Petra Cuk, DAPETRA.COM
- Florist: Tomaz Spaans, Cvetlicarna Spaans
- Caterer: Grand Hotel Toplice
- Cakes: Petra’s Cakes
- Videographer: Storybook Videos
- Invitations: Katie Smith, Please Reply
- Invitation Calligraphy: Steve Logan
- Wedding Dress: Katherine Vier
- Hair & Makeup: Sasa Godejsa and Irina Kysselef
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Hugo Boss