Photos by Leslie Hollingsworth
August 8, 2020
How We Met: Sam and I (Amanda) met in Atlanta through mutual friends following the wedding of a close friend of mine. Later that week once we were back in Birmingham Sam called to ask me on a date. I was so glad he called but truthfully didn’t think he would as I kind of made fun of his shoe selection the previous weekend when we met. It turned out he liked my sense of humor!
The Proposal: When we returned to the house one Saturday afternoon, Sam rang the doorbell, and when he opened the door, his dog Parker was right there waiting for us and had a big bow around his neck with a sign saying, “Will You Marry Us?”
Favorite Moment: My favorite moment of the day was seeing Sam at the altar when they opened the church doors. We chose not to do a first look, and I am so glad! This was Sam’s idea and took some convincing, but I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. All the excitement and anticipation of waiting to see him at the church was so special.
Favorite Details: Our reception decor and seated dinner. I wanted the evening to feel like a “night in the garden.” Mariee Ami and Buffy Hargett did the best job helping to bring my vision to life. The custom umbrellas, large maple tree in the center of the room, lattice wall behind the cake, hanging basket lanterns and flowers everywhere made it a night we’ll never forget! Due to the pandemic, we had to cut our guest list considerably. It was hard making the decision to only include our wedding party and family, but with the way the East Room was decorated it didn’t feel empty at all, despite having less than 70 people in attendance.
- Ceremony Venue: Mountain Brook Baptist Church
- Reception Venue: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Wedding Planner: Mariee Ami
- Florist: Buffy Hargett Flowers
- Caterer: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Cake: Magic Muffin
- Videographer: Clay Carroll, Carroll Productions
- Invitations: The Scribbler
- Wedding Dress: Ivory & White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Kerri Bunn
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: M. Burch Formal Wear
- Music: A-Town A-List (Sam Hill Entertainment)
- Transportation: Coats Classic Cars & Rare Transportation
- Rentals: PropHouse & ERU
- Custom Umbrellas: Boutique Tent Company