May 13, 2017
The Proposal: Caroline met Brennan for a “photoshoot” for his custom men’s clothing company, Hartbrook Clothier. He was modeling a white dinner jacket for Hartbrook’s wedding packaging promotion. When the photographer asked her to straighten Brennan’s bow tie, he got down on one knee and proposed. He gave her his great-grandmother’s 100- year-old engagement ring before heading to a surprise celebration at his house with their family and friends.
Favorite Moments: Caroline’s favorite part of the ceremony was just after she and Brennan said their vows, their wedding party and parents laid hands over them and prayed for their marriage and future, as their vocalists sang “God Be in my Head.”
Her favorite part of their reception was when the band led all guests to serenade the couple with Neil Diamond’s, “Sweet Caroline,” while she and Brennan sang along on stage. They toasted each other and their new marriage and sipped champagne from a sterling wedding cup that has been used in other family members’ weddings with their wedding dates engraved in it. At the end of the night, they left the reception under a canopy of rose petals in Caroline’s family boat under a full moon.
Favorite Details: Caroline was the fourth bride to wear her heirloom wedding gown, a runway dress made in Como, Italy. Her grandmother’s best friend wore it in 1952, and then her grandmother in 1954 and her mom in 1986. The wedding cake had six different flavors, and the icing resembled the lace in the bride’s dress and veil. Brennan requested three favorite pies that were his grandmother’s recipes in lieu of a traditional groom’s cake.
- Venues: Church in the Pines, Willow Point Golf & Country Club, Lake Martin
- Rehearsal Dinner: Springhouse
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Groom & Groomsman Attire: Hartbrook Clothier
- Hair & Makeup: Kaitlin Nixon & Team
- Florist: Sarah Peinhardt
- Videographer: Jim Walker, By Chance Productions
- Cake: Magic Muffin
- Tents: PreEvents
- Lighting: Design Productions
- Cocktail Hour Music: Skipper Stradtman and John Canada
- Reception Band: Musical Fantasy from Mobile (booked through Music Garden)
- Invitations: Of the Earth, Village Press
- Calligraphy: Melinda Sapp
- Save the Date Design: Emily Bailey
- Save the Date Printing: The Scribbler
- Ceremony Music: Shades Creek Chamber Players, John Canada, Benjamin Dow, David Mandt, Skipper Stradtman
- Flower Girl Dresses: The Lily Pad
- Transportation: Mathan Holt