September 10, 2016
How We Met: It all goes back to the third grade when Mark and I (Anne) were in the same class at Cherokee Bend Elementary School. At Mountain Brook High School, we had the same group of friends, and after countless study sessions, free periods spent together and being his “jersey girl,” we finally started dating at the end of our senior year.
The Proposal: Mark proposed in the spring of our senior year of college at Furman University, after an afternoon hike up in Cloudland Canyon where we were celebrating four years of dating.
Favorite Details: Our wedding party consisted many friends from high school and college, 28 to be exact. I was also attended by a cloud of junior bridesmaids and flower girls, all cousins of Mark and mine. What made this wedding so special were the personal touches by family and friends. We had several showers and dinner parties during our five-month engagement period. I wore a family veil of Brussels lace that was worn by my mother and aunt, and my friend Ivy Israel sang “You Have Called Me Higher” by All Sons and Daughters during the ceremony.
Favorite Moments: Special to me was the bridesmaids’ luncheon hosted by my mother’s friends (who were all bridesmaids in my parents’ wedding) at the home of my maternal grandparents. The groom’s family hosted a lovely after rehearsal dinner at Vulcan, giving out-of-town guests a beautiful view of the city. The morning of the wedding, the groom, along with all our out-of-town guests, enjoyed breakfast at Demetri’s BBQ, a favorite restaurant of ours.
- Venues: Mountain Brook Community Church, Mountain Brook Club
- Florist: Friends of the bride’s mother
- Bride’s Cake: Olexa’s
- Groom’s Cake: Edgar’s Bakery
- Invitations: The Scribbler
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bridesmaid’s Inc.
- Hair: Lynze Bandy
- Makeup: Brooke Warren, cousin of the groom
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Ceremony Music: Sarah and Will Mason, Ivy Israel
- Reception Band: Live Exchange Party Band
- Registries: Bromberg’s, The Cook Store of Mountain Brook, Table Matters