March 23, 2019
How We Met: Wil and I (Sally) met at Slice Fest a few years ago. We had both gone with friends and all ended up at Slice Pizza after the Revivalists show. No one else was in the restaurant, so I invited Wil and his friends to sit at our table. We talked over pizza for hours, he asked for my number, and we went on our first date a few weeks later. The rest is history.
The Wedding Dress: I’m one of four girls, so when my older sister got married, the four of us decided to take our mother’s wedding gown and use the material and lace to create a new dress. Heidi Elnora created a new gown for my sister out of our mother’s gown and then did the same for me. It was so special to wear pieces of the same dress my mom and sister had worn on their wedding days.
Favorite Moment: Before our reception started, Wil and I took a ride around the golf course with our photographer. We had the best time driving around and looking for the perfect spot to take pictures. Ann Wade was so creative, and we adore the photos from our little adventure!
Favorite Details: My favorite detail was the live painting. I have followed Melissa Munger on Instagram and fell in love with her beautiful live paintings. She painted our first dance, and it was so fun for our guests to watch her progress on our painting throughout the evening.
What You Are Doing Now: We live in Crestline Park with our dog Ryder. Wil works as a broker for Stringfellow Lumber, and I work at Brasfield & Gorrie as the corporate wellness coordinator.
- Ceremony Venue: The Chapel at Canterbury United Methodist Church
- Reception Venue: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Florist: Mary Donald
- Caterer: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Cakes: Magic Muffins
- Videographer: Chip Burns
- Invitations: The Scribbler
- Wedding Dress: Heidi Elnora
Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Sydney Carter and Carly Morgan, Carter and Morgan
- Music: City Heat
- Transportation: Crown Transportation and Coats Classic Cars
- Live Painting: Melissa Munger
- Vases Imprinted with Wedding Gown Lace: Michael Hofman, Hofman Studios, Asheville, North Carolina