March 17, 2018
How We Met: Harrison and I (Elizabeth) met the summer before starting school at Mountain Brook Junior High. Harrison asked me to “be his girlfriend” at age 15, and we dated throughout high school and college.
The Proposal: After college one of our favorite dates became going on hikes at Red Mountain Park. On a random Tuesday morning, Harrison caught me completely off guard by proposing in the middle of one of our hikes! There was no one else around, and it was perfect.
The Dress: I knew from the start that I would be wearing my mom’s gorgeous lace veil from Belgium. When it came time to pick my dress, I loved how the veil looked with a simple, classic gown.
Favorite Details: Our wedding was on St. Patrick’s Day, so we decided to embrace it. Our koozies were green with four-leaf clovers, and all of our guests were given green beads and flashing green ice cubes. Upon arriving at our reception, I learned that there was an artist doing a live painting. My grandmother had arranged the whole thing. The painting currently hangs over our fireplace, and it will forever have a special place in our home.
What We Are Doing Now: Harrison is pursuing his passion for coaching football and is also in his first year of teaching ninth-grade English. I told him to tell his students that you never know, you could find your husband or wife this year! I am pursuing a career as a nurse anesthetist.
- Venues: Independent Presbyterian Church, The Country Club of Birmingham
- Wedding Coordinator: Carole Crabbe
- Florist: Carole Sullivan of Lagniappe Designs
- Caterer: The Country Club of Birmingham
- Cake: Julie Hendrick, Sweet Magnolia
- Videographer: ByChance Productions
- Invitations: Printing by The Scribbler
- Calligraphy: Tumpy Bethea
- Wedding Dress: Carriage House Weddings
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair: Sydney Carter & Irrelephant
- Makeup: Kori Chirico
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Rhythm Nation
- Transportation: Prideline Transportation
- Live Painting: Ronald Bayens