September 21, 2019
The Proposal: I (Betsy) received a text about a mandatory meeting at 4:00 pm for a “pastoral” concern, and I was greeted with one of my youth holding a big poster guiding me to my next location. I basically sprinted through the next three clues that led me to my final destination with Stephen standing up at the Saint Luke’s altar with a little question that would symbolize our commitment to each other and Christ.
Favorite Details: My veil was my matron of honor’s, Molly Davis, in her wedding. Memphis is a huge part of Stephen’s life and where he experienced spiritual growth – specifically meeting with his mentor and best man, Brett Wynne, at Gibson’s – so we had to use Gibson’s donuts! Belle Farm was built from the ground up by my aunt and uncle. We celebrate Easter brunch and Christmas dinner on this beautiful, peaceful property. Joanna Feldewerth, who made our cake, was a co-worker, and we talked a lot about her love for baking! Kaitlin, our florist, was in my sorority at Auburn University. My earrings were my mom’s earrings she wore on her wedding day. Lastly, our ceremony musicians all sing each Sunday morning as we worship together at St. Luke’s!
What You Are Doing Now: Stephen is a physical therapist at ATI Physical Therapy located on St. Vincent’s campus. I am serving as the director of youth missions and discipleship at Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church as well as an assistant cross-country coach at the Junior High.
- Venue: Belle Farm
- Wedding Planner: Courtney Bell, La Belle Vie
- Florist: Kaitlin Richardson, Forever Wild Floral Co.
- Caterer: Happy Catering
- Bride’s Cake: Joanna Feldewerth
- Invitations: Lochrane Smith, Southern Engraving
- Wedding Dress: Bustle
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Azazie
- Hair & Makeup: Darcy Wilks
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: J. Crew
- Ceremony Music: Shaun Pezant, Evan Pezant, Lenora Panion
- Reception Music: Fuego Band
- Transportation: Prideline
- Rehearsal dinner venue: Woodlawn Cycle Cafe
- Groom Donuts: Gibson’s Donuts
- Graphic Artist: Chris Porter