August 3, 2019
The Proposal: Taylor spoke to my (Olivia’s) father a couple of months prior to making arrangements for all of his family and mine to be in Birmingham waiting for us at my parents’ house. I was under the illusion he was going hunting with my dad, when in actuality he was waiting for me at Botanical Gardens. I was totally surprised!
The Dress: It was the first dress at the first place I tried! While my mother, sister and I went on to look several other places, I knew that dress was the one.
Favorite Moment: After all of the time and effort everyone puts into planning the wedding and reception, the ceremony is the real reason why we were celebrating! I was not nervous at all until right before I walked down the aisle, and that was an exciting feeling Taylor and I both will never forget.
Favorite Details: Living out of state and working full-time, I really gave my mom the reins. No one knows me better, and I loved everything she did! It helped a lot that our entire wedding team, from the floral designer to the stationer, were all friends of our family, and I think they knew exactly what we wanted. We were able to give some fun nods to our Louisiana friends with a second line, king cake and a New Orleans jazz band to lead us out.
What We Are Doing Now: We are happily living in New Orleans!
- Venue: Country Club of Birmingham
- Wedding Planner: Handley Breaux Designs
- Florist: Mary Donald Floral Design
- Caterer: Country Club of Birmingham
- Cakes: Magic Muffin
- Invitations: Scribbler
- Wedding Dress: Ivory and White
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Hair & Makeup: Dearly Beloved
- Groom/Groomsmen: Mr. Burch Formalwear
- Music: Blast and the Party Masters, Zulu Krewe
- Transportation: Rare Transportation